Is Blog4Umbraco an active project?

Sep 28, 2010 at 6:35 PM

I have installed and have been unable to use the current version of this package under 4.5.2 Umbraco.  There was a problem with the installation that required changing a couple of paths in the config files.  Then there was a problem with the xslt files that required updating them to reflect the changes in XPATH.  I've gotten past these two but then hit a wall when the server complained about a type mismatch - ntext vs. int.  This problem has been encountered by others and I have found posts regarding it in the forums.  However, the most recent post was in March - about half a year ago.  There was no response since that time.  It appears that this project is no longer being supported given that no fixes to critical bugs have been issued for at least half a year.  Anyone know anything about this?

Developer
Oct 14, 2010 at 4:37 PM

Hi jrmotter,

I've started using Blog 4 Umbraco within the last month, and while there are a few teething problems with implementation, I've managed to work around most of them.

The issue you talk about , ntext vs int, is due to the Author Picker Datatype having the wrong databaset datatype.

You can change the database datatype by editing the Author Picker in the Developers section to make the change.  Unless you also have uComponents installed, in which case it's not so clear.

I've written a blog post about this specific problem here: http://refactored.com.au/blog/2010/10/15/blog-4-umbraco-conflict-with-ucomponents

Hope this helps, and don't give up hope ;)