Since no-one wrote this for B4U 2.0.26, we're turning over a new leaf and writing the new docs for v3.0 right from the off.
First, let's talk about the new stuff.
- Works with Umbraco 4.5, 4.6 and 4.7;
- Supports multiple blogs on a site out-of-the-box, without changing a single line of XSLT;
- Supports new spam filters - since Akismet started trying to convince everyone to pay for their service, TypePad have launched AntiSpam, a free equivalent with an identical API, and there's also BlogSpam.net which lets you either use their hosted service,
or run your own anti-spam server. We've recompiled Joel.net's Akismet API library to utilise the new TypePad AntiSpam URL and created a BlogSpam.net API wrapper. Both are included, with hot-swap B4U plugins, which can be configured through the dashboard;
- Support for XMLRPC ping and extendedPing methods;
- Supports the SixApart TrackBack 1.2 specification;
- Full POCO model for creating and managing blogs, posts, comments and trackbacks programmatically,
- If you have your email address wired up to your editor username, automatic comment highlighting when replying;
- Optional comment threading (support for Disqus coming soon) and @ name tag support;
- Tags - new Grouped Tags datatype for Umbraco 4.5 and 4.6 builds (grouped tags comes in 4.7 by default);
- A robust comment and trackback moderation policy - allow, moderate or deny, and bitwise spam on/off (we know you've been wanting this one for a while ;-) )
- Backward-compatible - upgrade your 4.0 sites to 4.5, then upgrade with B4U3;
We'll put up some Sandcastle documentation for the POCO model too, if requested.